Who are we?
We are Valmont – a multi-faceted and dynamic design and construction commercial interior fit-out organisation, blending creativity with solid practicality to provide original, distinctive and appropriate commercial spaces.
We have built an enviable brand with a reputation for delivering excellence, whatever the challenge or budget, applying our scope of experience to produce environments which integrate sustainable building practices, improve staff wellbeing, are of high quality and are flexible for the future. Our repeat client list clearly indicates the level of satisfaction we continue to provide with our team-focused work ethic a fundamental element in our approach. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane.
What’s the role?
Due to a team member relocating for family reasons we have an upcoming vacancy in our Brisbane team for a Project Manager – Commercial Interior Fit-outs. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing all facets of commercial interior fit-out projects to ensure smooth delivery from project inception to completion. Ultimately you will be responsible for leading the construction team to achieve targets. This is a great opportunity to work on end to end commercial office projects and lead, mentor and develop a team of staff.
The key responsibilities include
- Manage communication lines between all associated parties including client, designers, consultants, etc.
- Engage and coordinate site managers and resources of site staff to ensure coverage of projects
- Work closely with the contract administrator to ensure timely ordering and sequencing of trades, materials, etc.
- Involvement at pitch stage to ensure all aspects of construction are considered and budgeted
- Chair, run and minute weekly and PCG project meetings ensuring action items are completed
- Accounting for profit margins on all jobs
- Problem solving with Designers
What are we looking for?
- Commercial interior fit-out experience is a must
- Degree in Building, or Project Management (Construction) or related qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in a Project Manager role with a complete set of skills across the full range of commercial interior fit-out project stages
- Demonstrated experience in contract analysis and negotiation, budget preparation and accounts management in the commercial fit-out sector
- Complete awareness and knowledge of safety, quality and environmental legislative requirements
- Experience in Procore and IPM would be desirable
It’s important that you can apply a proactive, forward-thinking approach to the role, and have a highly developed set of communication skills coupled with excellent personal presentation. This is required because you will be the face of Valmont with the client.
What are we offering?
Working with an experienced yet dynamic construction team in a fun culture in a well-established and financially robust business, you will have a clear opportunity to develop your career.
How to apply
If you believe you can meet the above criteria, then we’d love to hear from you so please apply now with your up to date resume and a cover letter. You can also learn more about us by viewing our website https://www.valmont.com.au